Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Nationals Recap

I'm still on cloud 9 from Nationals. I ended up swimming 12 races total in the 3-day-long meet. You know it's going to be an exciting meet weekend when you swim more than you sleep. Enjoy this extensive recap of my meet complete with times and links the videos. This is lengthy so as to not leave out any details of one of my favorite weekends this semester. 

I swam the 100 freestyle in B heat of finals at ECC Nationals at Georgia Tech University on Sunday April 12, 2015.  

I had my best ECC Nationals meet of my career this year. I ended up swimming finals for 3 out of my 4 individual events this past weekend. I reset my personal bests in everything. Thankfully, ECCs puts all of our finals swims on YouTube so I can go back and critique them. All my individuals races are linked in my recaps below. 

I got 4th in my 50 free.  I'm swimming in lane 3 in this video. Last year I got 12th overall with a 25.65. This year, I missed the podium by a few tenths of a second with a 25.08 and finished fourth. I'm extremely proud of this swim. I intend to be on the podium next year come hell or high (chlorinated) water. 

I placed 15th in my 200 free with my fastest time of a 2:03.08 in prelims. I'm in lane 8 in this video of finals. Honestly, the last thing I wanted to do was swim the 200 free twice in one day. I am terrible at pacing myself in anything more than a 50. 
I owe it to the girl next to me in prelims for my PR time. I may not know how to pace myself, but I do know how to race. Regardless of how tired I am, I hate being out-touched on the last 50. 

My last final was the 100 free. I swam a 55.35 and placed 12th. I'm in lane 4 for this one too. I owe it to my best friend for getting me through this race. Sam constantly reminded me to get out of my head and swim my race. She knows I'm a mental nightmare when it comes to finals races. Her pep talks were a godsend this entire meet. 

Full Nationals time sheets can be found here by events (both prelims and finals). Splits are included as well. 

I moved up places in all my events from prelims to finals which was better than I could have asked for. I'm really pleased with the way I swam during the meet! I was the only female to score points for my team. I also made it onto our team record board in the 200, 100 and 50 freestyles. 

Pictures from each session are on the ECCs facebook page. I'm only in 15 or so photos, but some of them are really cool. I have very few pictures of me actually swimming so I treasure these photos. 
I also had one of my photos posted on a SwimSwam article about the meet which is a huge deal! I'm the 3rd photo down touching the wall after my 100 freestyle final. 

I can't stress enough how proud I am of the way my team and myself swam in this meet. Going back every year with my team renews how much I love to swim. Each year is a fantastic experience and I'm so grateful to be a part of the MUSC national team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment