Friday, February 27, 2015

MUSC Update

My team has been traveling a lot this semester. Our latest meet was to the University of Indiana where it snowed. A lot. Seriously it snowed the whole time we were there.

Sidenote: IU looks like Hogwarts. It's beautiful.

Mizzou Swim Club ended up placing third in overall, men's and woman's. After a long hiatus, we finally have some new records! My teammate Carston broke the 25 breastroke record with a 13.11. 
I reset my 25 free record from last year to a 12.04!


Two weeks before, we had traveled to Northwestern and swam decently. I swam the fastest 50 free split of my career, a 24.9! The team finished fourth overall in one of our more competitive meets of the season. 

I hope those personal best times stick around by the time we go to nationals. It's a nice mental reset for me to see the fruit of my labor. Often in swimming, you train so hard and barely see results. I'm lucky in that I've never been a conventional athlete. 

I'm currently working on a spreadsheet of all my times from the last few years. I hope to use this data sheet to get me in the right mindset for practice leading up to nationals. I've been struggling to stay on track with my training schedule. 

 43 days until we're on the road to nationals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment